Lots of you are on holiday - as is "he who must not be bored while I sketch" - plus we'll be having lots of days out between now and the end of August.
I also found that the break last week didn't mean I wanted to stop blogging. Rather that I enjoyed the time more since it gave me to catch up with some posts on my other art blogs which have been sadly neglected of late during the mega-planning blight. I'm also trying not to be seduced by the fact the planning blog is really beginning to take off - got to stop watching those stats!
Consequently I'm implementing an official slow down on Making A Mark until the end of August which will mean:
- NOT posting daily as I normally do
- periodic "who's made a mark this week" posts but they will not be weekly
- occasional important posts
- more profiling of work by other people
- some delving into the archives of past posts which will not have been read by most readers
- some referencing posts on other blogs because....
- there will probably be MORE posts on my other blogs which always get squeezed when I'm very busy. For example, there's a series of posts coming up this next week on The Art of the Landscape and I'll probably be posting to my sketchbook blog as we get out and about. I may even get round to finishing off posts about my last holiday in France!
- I'll be a lot more refreshed when it comes round to September!!
Is anybody else slowing down for summer?
Catch-up: Here's the blog posts I wrote last week
The Art of the Landscape
- Fred Inglis on the value of the landscape painting
- Plein Air Pastel Painting with Richard McKinley
- Landscape Painting Videos by David Curtis