Here's a summary of links to our posts - we'd be very pleased if you come visit our small corners of this precious Earth!
- Water on Earth Day - What you can do today
- Water on "earth day" - a clear brook
- Water on Earth Day rubbish in the city
- Water on Earth Day-Chicago Lake and River Front
- Water on "Earth Day" - Coast erosion
- Water on "Earth Day" Morning Mist on the Helford
- Water on Earth Day – Newfoundland’s pristine reputation?
Recently I discovered a delightful squidoo lens created by ace artist/draughtsman/printmaker Martin Stankewitz (Edition Handdruck) who lives in Germany (and hence English is Martin's second language). Martin develops fabulous monotype prints from his drawings and sketches done outdoors.
He's produced a really nice site about 'how to draw a tree' - and Martin's tree drawings are wonderful!
How to draw a tree - Find a collection of tree drawings and explanations how they have been done. Get inspired by famous and less famous, but very impressive contemporary and historic examplesof tree drawings and have a look at online drawing tutorials. Get some inspiration here to find your own way how to do a tree drawing.
part of a landscape sketchbook project
- Learning by doing - tree drawing from LIFE
- Three critical points in depictions of trees
- Rythm and patterns in foliage
- Some tricks that help to get a convincing tree drawing
- How to draw the trunk of a tree
- plus some examples of how he applies basic principles in his own drawings in different media
- and some examples from well known artists from the past and the present
It's now also a featured lens on Drawing and Sketching - Resources for Artists.