Friday, September 09, 2016

Coloured Pencil Junkie - I need more greens!

I'm a coloured pencil junkie and every now and again I place a big pencil order. Very often it's associated with working on artwork when I become concerned that I've run out of a colour or I'm down to my last one and it's getting very short. There again there's the ones I've never used and wished I had which I find when start looking at the complete list of colours!

This is my pencil order which arrived from Pencils4artists this morning which was rather later than I was expecting - and two days after the artwork got handed in!

Nevertheless - like all true coloured pencil junkies - I lined up my pencils in order of colour and took a photo!  Not least because it helps me to remember that I have had that pencil before and this is what it looks like!  It also helps me gauge the differences between the different manufacturers colours when you mix them in this way.

[Note: It's a BIG photo so if you're interested right click and open in a new tab and you should be able to see them up close!]

My new pencils
Above are the colours and below is a list of what I ordered.

The list is not in the same order as the picture - and I've ordered two of some colours. However the list is in the order of colours and manufacturer's numbers.

These artists' coloured pencils come from three manufacturers:
You can read more about the individual manufacturers and their ranges on my Coloured Pencils - Brands and Manufacturers page on my website which provides an index of reputable coloured pencils and product reviews

BLUES

Lyra Rembrandt Polycolor Pencils

Colour 044 Light Cobalt Blue
Colour 047 Light Blue
Colour 046 Sky Blue
Colour 054 Aquamarine

Faber Castell Polychromos Colour Pencils

Colour 157 Dark Indigo
Colour 149 Bluish Turquoise

GREENS

Lyra Rembrandt Polycolor Pencils

Colour 055 Night Green
Colour 058 Sea Green
Colour 059 Hookers Green
Colour 062 True Green
Colour 063 Emerald Green
Colour 065 Juniper Green
Colour 067 Sap Green
Colour 068 Moss Green
Colour 070 Apple Green
Colour 071 Light Green
Colour 072 Green Grey
Colour 074 Cedar Green

Faber Castell Polychromos Colour Pencils

Colour 158 Deep Cobalt Green
Colour 163 Emerald Green
Colour 159 Hooker's Green
Colour 165 Juniper Green
Colour 173 Olive Green Yellowish
Colour 171 Light Green
Colour 166 Grass Green
Colour 112 Leaf Green
Colour 266 Permanent Green
Colour 167 Permanent Green Olive
Colour 267 Pine Green
Colour 168 Earth Green Yellowish
Colour 172 Earth Green
Colour 170 May Green
Colour 174 Chromium Green Opaque
Colour 230 Yellow Green
Colour 470 Spring Green
Colour 231 Lime Green

Caran D'Ache Pablo Water Resistant Coloured Pencils

Colour 015 Olive Yellow
Colour 016 Khaki Green
Colour 225 Moss Green
Colour 018 Olive Grey
Colour 039 Olive Brown
Colour 019 Olive Black

YELLOWS

Lyra Rembrandt Polycolor Pencils

Colour 008 Canary Yellow
Colour 009 Orange Yellow
Colour 085 Light ochre

Faber Castell Polychromos Colour Pencils

Colour 107 Cadmium Yellow
Colour 108 Dark Cadmium Yellow
Colour 109 Dark Chrome Yellow
Colour 268 Green Gold

6 comments:

  1. Wow!
    Sorry it's such a short comment but I can't think of anything else to say.
    PS I read all your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cos you can never have too many greens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precisely Gael - woman after my own heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I had a lovely time when I got back from the PV last night - sharpening them all to needle points! Why is pencil sharpening so therapeutic?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I feel better now. I thought there was something wrong with me, due to my pencil urges. But it seems I am in good company! Thanks for the stunning picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely agree you can never have enough greens. I buy all the colourfast ones - wax or oil based. Also love sharpening pencils - I think it is the anticipation of just what that fine point can do. Now if only watercolourists can get over the green hurdle and use some of the great permanent green colours too!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.