Sunday, July 07, 2013

How to live with Introverts

This is a great guide to a Printable Infographic about How to Live with Introverts - a.k.a. people who think painting alone in their studios or plein air is the best thing ever!  I think it's a really brilliant explanation for the big difference between Introverts and Extroverts and who some artists hate going to their own Private Views!

INFOGRAPHIC: How to Live with Introverts Guide Printable
copyright SchroJones

I'm intrigued as to the psychological profiles of artists and how they function in society - and within art societies.


I have a theory that it's very likely that the percentage of artists in the population who are introverted will be much higher than the average for the population as a whole

I'm also trying to work out how to do a poll about this - but am currently stuck!  Any suggestions?

This Infographic (or 'Comic') has been produced by Schroeder Jones This link is to a printable copy

UPDATE


I forgot! Last year I did a poll about artists and introversion and extroversion - read the results in my blog post Artists are Introverts! Discuss...

This was the result of the poll

Chart of responses to Making A Park Poll (April 2012)


There's no "who's made a mark today" because:
  • it's very hot
  • Andy Murray is playing in the Finals at Wimbledon!
Update - he won - to be the first male Brit to win Wimbledon for 77 years in a match played on the 7th day of the 7th month!


3 comments:

  1. Where to start with an introvert/extrovert poll… Well I’ve already done one, although it didn’t start out to be a poll as such. I’d asked some of my international blogging friends (whom I’ve never actually met) for their ‘painting in public’ horror stories for my book Plein air painting: the drama. The replies ranged from Alison Staite’s theory that glaring at people can keep you out of a lot of trouble and Cathy Gatland’s success with blending into the forest while sketching in a city park, to the urban sketching adventures of Liz Steele, the ultimate extrovert… People who see Liz sketching, and of course get started talking to her, have been known to ask to be in the picture, and at least one was so pleased with the result he asked her to marry him! Not sure how to suggest you tabulate the results of this kind of poll, but you could ask Liz…

    ReplyDelete
  2. The advice on how to interact with an introvert seems like it might work equally well on just about anyone! Perhaps introverts are just more likely to want to retreat from invasion of space than some, but overall, the cartoon seemed to be just common courtesy towards anyone. I am very much an introvert, and treasure the great amount of solitude I have. I cannot really function very well when overwhelmed too long, too often, by crowds. Making art goes best for me in solitude and silence, too, and I could probably count on one hand the people I can tolerate being around when I paint, (and only one at a time of those!). I love silence while others say they must have music, too. My lifestyle would drive some people crazy and vice versa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking you;re thinking that way - because you understand the introverted personality

    However you'd be surprised by the number of extroverted people who assume that everybody is like their fun-loving gregarious outgoing personality.

    Maybe you would have found a guide on how to deal with extreme extroverts to be more useful? :)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.