Friday, October 23, 2009

MAM #4 in Top 25 UK Arts & Culture Blogs

I knew my blog was doing well in terms of readership but I got a very pleasant surprise this morning to find that Making A Mark has been rated #4 in the Top 25 UK Art And Culture Blogs. It's even beaten the art blogs produced by the top national newspapers!!!

I was even more pleased when I realised that, unlike some I've seen, this listing has actually been produced by a team who've used proper research across a range of relevant criteria and then produced an algorithm for weighting them! The site behind the listing is Creativetourist.com. This is the website created by a very reputable organanisation - the Manchester Museums Consortium, which covers a group of nine museums and galleries in Manchester (more about this tomorrow as I've not come across their site before).

The top 25 UK Arts and Culture Blogs

You can find these listed below. You can read more about each of the art blogs and how the list was compiled in this blog post - The Top 25 UK Arts & Culture Blogs.

1. We Make Money Not Art
2. Feeling Listless
3. Things Magazine
4. Making a Mark
5. Jonathan Jones on Art (Guardian)
6. Frieze Blog
7. Charlotte Higgins (Guardian)
8. Saatchi Blogon
9. Amelia’s Magazine
10. Art of the Estate
11. Culture Wars
12. Telegraph culture blog
13. UK Street Art
14. Madam Miaow Says
15. Art in Liverpool Blog
16. Follow the Yellow Brick Road
17. Artsy
18. The FACT Blog
19. Art Sleuth
20. Arts Blogs: The Independent
21. Art & Things
22. Where’s Runnicles?
23. Culture Vulture
24. View from the South Bank
25. Intelligent Naivety

I know a lot of these blogs and consult some of them on a very regular basis - but some are new to me and I'm certainly going to be checking these all out in the near future. You might like to do likewise! :)

In the meantime I think I'm just going to sit here with a big mug of tea and get over the shock!


Making a Mark reviews......

29 comments:

  1. Congratulations- this says a lot about your continuos hardwork and passion!

    This blog remains one of my all time favourite sites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Congratulations - you really do merit being there, but it's good to have it confirmed by someone else. I am really thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Katherine-well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll add my congratulations, Katherine! SO well deserved--your blog is amazing, so much work goes into it I can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo, well deserved! It's intersting to look at all these blogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Katherine - MAM is essential daily reading as far as I'm concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done and very well deserved,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hard work is paying off. Congrats. That should also boost your readership.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Katherine! This is a wonderful confirmation of the value you add to the art community on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is great news, and well deserved! Keep up the very good work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many thanks to all sending congrats - I still have to keep coming back to look at the post to make sure it's real!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now THAT is brilliant news, very well done, Katherine, well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Katherine! And very well deserved. It will be fun to look through the rest of the list too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. totally deserved, it's clear that a lot of thought and work goes into each post. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Katherine - as many have commented, it is all down to your amazing hard work. Long may it continue.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Katherine.... and not at all surprising!! I thoroughly recommend this fantastic site to anyone who has an interest in art.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not a bit surprised Katherine!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Many congratulations, Katherine. I'm not surprised. I always recommend your blog to like minded friends. I look forward to delving into the other twenty four!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful news! Congratulations! It does prove that hard work pays off. And you put in the hard work to get this blog the attention it deserves. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Congratulations. I love MAM with my morning coffee after my walk. They could have asked me. But I would have put you as #1!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Katherine,
    what a great achievement and encouragement! Thanks for inspiring me to start blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are already #1 in my book so I'm glad to see the rest of the world is catching up. Congratulations, Katherine you have earned your status.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's fantastic Katherine! Congratulations and really well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my word!!! I am thrilled for you, Katherine! Everyone else has said how well-deserved this recognition is and I add my voice to theirs. And to think I knew you "when"---- ;D.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, congratulations Katherine!
    You certainly deserve it. Thank you for taking the time to write this incredible (well loved) blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like you are really "Making Your Mark." Congratulations. I'm glad to see your hard work is being recognized. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Excellent news and very well deserved - now you've just got to knock those three off their spots to be #1!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.