Thursday, December 12, 2019

Interviews with the Judges of Jackson's Painting Prize 2020

Jackson's Art Blog interviewed me recently in my role as a Judge of the Jackson's Painting Prize 2020.

I'm one of a team of Judges who will be reviewing entries to the competition in March next year.  You can read the interviews with all the Judges online - see the links below (the last one was published this morning!). 

Each provides an individual response to two questions asked of all judges
  • How important do you think awards and competitions are for artists today?
  • Do you have any advice for artists out there thinking about entering the Jackson’s Painting Prize this year?
I wrote more about the competition in my Call for Entries: Jackson's Painting Prize 2020 which you should read if you're interested in entering.

Judges for the Jackson's Painting Prize 2020
Top row: Adebanji Alade, Iain Nicholls, Rosalind Davis
Bottom row: Elizabeth Dellert, Terry Greene, Katherine Tyrrell

Read about the Judges


You can also read the interviews with the other expert Judges below. The LINK to the interview is in the Judge's name
  • Iain Nicholls - last year's winner. You can also watch a video of an interview with him after winning last year's competition at the bottom of this blog post.
  • Katherine Tyrrell - that's me! Do have a read 
    • if you've not seen any of my artwork in a while, now's your chance to see some.
    • or want to know about my favourite artists and see some of the art I like and/or appreciate - there's some images of that too
    • finally, for those who want to know more about my thoughts on art competitions I have a something to say about their value and some tips for those wanting to enter!


  • Elizabeth Dellert - Director of the Affordable Art Fair - UK Fair 
  • Terry Greene - an artist living and working in West Yorkshire. who makes abstract paintings and writes the art blog Just Another Painter - in which he explains his interests and processes.




An interview with last year's winner


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.