It emphasises all the things you can and should do to protect your art online at no expense to you - other than time spent on sensible measures and responses.
You can find this article on page 66 (the page facing the inside back page) - of The Artist Magazine. This one is in the June 2016 edition. Other articles are on the same page in previous editions - and the series continues until October!
This article provides an overview and summary for artists of :
- Facts about copyright
- How to prevent problems with copyright infringement
- How to find infringements online
- What to do if you art is copied in terms of:
- best use of your time
- ways to approach those who copy
- how to get a very fast response and get your art taken down without any expense or resorting to lawyers.
The one page article provides a really useful checklist for filing in case you have any problems. You can then get it out if and when you want to avoid problems or resolve issues!
For those wanting to look in more depth at copyright issues you can find more information on in the Copyright section of my website Art Business Info.
This site provides a reference about copyright, trademarks and brands for artists. Specifically:You can buy 'The Artist' at all good newsagents in the UK. However you can also subscribe and read it online as a digital magazine.
- How to do a reverse image search - If you want to find out whether somebody has created copies of your photos or artwork on the Internet
- Global Conventions on Copyright - see the links below for information about what how copyright applies in different countries
There's lots of other great content of interest to many artists!