Thursday, January 08, 2009

Security Suite blues

Victoria Park Lake People #1
pencil in Derwent Safari sketchbook
copyright Katherine Tyrrell

I got two sketches done today - because I had a very frustrating morning trying to renew my security suite, change the licence from one to three and upgrade to the latest version.

The problem was that although the product (begins with K) is supposed to be very good, the communication is not. I'd had similar problems last year and knew from experience that this was not going to be a quick fix! By 11.00am I'd worked out that they had four different explanations of what I was supposed to do once I'd paid for it - none of which were the same.

The end result was that I fired off emails to various sales and support people and then realised I needed to get to the surgery pronto to drop off my repeat prescription request!

After that I decided I'd take a long break from the computer and go for a very long walk round the park. We've recently had a severe cold snap and today was the first day that the temperature has come much above freezing - but everywhere the ponds, the lake in Victoria Park and the canals were all frozen..........

You can see the result in The coldest snap for 20 years over on Travels with a Sketchbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.