Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Freddie Mercury - the Art Collection at Auction

You can review the artworks and art and design artefacts in the collection of Freddie Mercury on the Sotheby's website.

The four auctions of Freddie Mercury: A World of His Own | The Evening Sale starts at 5pm on Wednesday 6th September. There are four auctions in total - see below for details. Do watch the video about him and his collecting - it's absolutely fascinating.

Freddie Mercury: A World of His Own | The Auctions

The auctions will be taking place as follows:

All I can say is he had eclectic and exquisite taste. It's a pleasure to look through many of the lots. The one I enjoyed the most was the "At Home" where I also noted a number of lots which seemed like an absolute bargain!

Interestingly his own drawings have already drawn bids much in excess of the estimated value according to the auctioneer. I'm not surprised.

I predict the Cat Waistcoat (Lot 281: Freddie Mercury's silk waistcoat featuring portraits of Freddie Mercury's six cats, painted by Nerissa Ratcliffe) will go stratospheric - relative to any other sale of a waistcoat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.