Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Georgia O'Keeffe's birthday is 15 November

Georgia O'Keeffe, 2012 (Wall Calendar)
Today is Georgia O'Keeffe's birthday.  She was born on 15 November 1887 and lived until she was 98.

I've been looking at the resource site I built back in 2007 when I did a major project about her.

What I didn't realise at the time (because I didn't do the maths!) was that although she decided she wanted to become an artist age 10, she actually didn't become a full-time artist until she was in her fourth decade.  She didn't abandon teaching and go to New York until June 1918 - by which time she was 31.

So - for other fans of Georgia O'Keeffe here is.....

...first of all the website I built which provides a wealth of resources for all those who love Georgia's work - Georgia O'Keeffe - Resources for Art Lovers

...and secondly here are links to the blog posts I wrote at the time I was learning about her art and how to translate it into what I wanted to do.  I've also included some posts I've written since.
If you can't get enough of her art, why not try a wall calendar - which is what I do (when I'm not buying books)!

1 comment:

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.