Yesterday the Derwent Art Prize website published two galleries of images
- People's Choice Award 2014 - all works entered in the competition - all 25 pages of them which, with a 100 entries on each page, means they had about 2,500 entries!
- People's Choice Award - The Exhibition 2014 - All Works There are 79 pencil artworks in total
Would you have chosen a different set of c.80 works for the exhibition? Which works would you have selected?
Each of the works also provide buttons which enable you to:
- post to your facebook account
- tweet an image
- post an image on your Google+ account.
I'll be commenting further on the selected artists in a future post.
|Some of the selected artworks in the Exhibition for the Derwent Art Prize 2014|
PrizesThe prizes split in two. The first set are those determined by the judges. These are
- First Prize - £6,000
- Second Prize - £3,500
- Third Prize - £1,000
- Young Artist Award for artists under 25 years - £500
- UK Coloured Pencil Society Award for Excellence - £250
Then there's the TWO People Choices Awards which are chosen by the public this year. As a development from last year, the competition organisers have made all the entries available for selection for this prize.
Thus we now have:
- People’s Choice Award of £700 - from works selected for the exhibition and judged by visitors to the exhibition and visitors to the website.
- People’s Choice Award of £700 - selected from all 2014 entries and judged by visitors to the website
I'm also wondering what precautions have been put in place to prevent unfair interference with the voting.
The panel of judges for the main prizes are:
- Kate Macfarlane, Co-Founder and Co-Director of the Drawing Room,
- Josh Spero, Editor of Spears Magazine and Art Critic for Tatler UK, and
- Professor Anita Taylor, artist, Co-Founder and Director of Jerwood Drawing Prize and Dean of Bath School of Art and Design.
How to vote for the People's Choice Award
You can vote for TWO People's Choice awards.
It's not terribly obvious how you can vote for the People's Choice award - until you click on an image and realise that they each have a big green "Vote for this image in the People's Choice Award" button.
You've got a lot of images to review so make sure you don't click on the first image that you like!
The Derwent Art Prize Exhibition
The pencil artworks selected for exhibition will be seen in London and Cumbria. They'll be seen first at the Mall Galleries in London between the 15th – 20th September 2014. The second exhibition will be at The Pencil Museum in Keswick, Cumbria in December 2014.