- Contact / Find Me
- Major UK Art Competitions 2015-16
- UK National Art Societies - Open Exhibitions
- Botanical Art and Artists
- The Best Art Books
- My books and magazine articles
- Art Business & Marketing Resources
- Who painted this?
- Press & Reviews
- Archived Blog Posts 2009 - 13
- Making A Mark Art Blog Awards
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Regular readers of this journal will have worked out by now that I just love tulips! I'm trying to do as many as I can right now before they stop being available - and last night I started a new work.
I've no idea what these are called but they're daffodil yellow parrot tulips with red stripes. The red is strong but not dark (cadmium red medium maybe?). I've gone for another cropped composition but remembered not to do it from the same angle as the last one (just in time!) and I've left quite a lot of 'white' space this time and am focusing a little more on the vase and reflections - which I'm really quite pleased with so far.
This is not finished - but I'm hoping to get it finished today. It's nearly 12" x 16" and is coloured pencils on Arches HP.