Thursday, March 30, 2006

Tulips with red stripes - finished


I've completed the work I started last week. As before most of the work done subsequently was done with flowers sat in front of me doing naughty things like opening up! So I had to go for colour on what was there but lost the detail around the shapes. However I made a great big murky mess of the shadows in the flowers and at the weekend stripped it back within the blooms areas and started again. Other work I did related to the background and strengthening the leaves and shadow.

Technorati tags: , , , ,

3 comments:

  1. oh this is beautiful Katherine! I love the softness of the strokes and blending, the colors wonderful clear and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The textured layered background, the sparkling bits of white paper left around the tulips and the wonderful modeled tulips themselves ... I like all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like all of your best work, this just glows!
    L(lines)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.