- Contact / Find Me
- Major UK Art Competitions 2015-16
- UK National Art Societies - Open Exhibitions
- Botanical Art and Artists
- The Best Art Books
- My books and magazine articles
- Art Business & Marketing Resources
- Who painted this?
- Press & Reviews
- Archived Blog Posts 2009 - 13
- Making A Mark Art Blog Awards
Thursday, March 30, 2006
I've completed the work I started last week. As before most of the work done subsequently was done with flowers sat in front of me doing naughty things like opening up! So I had to go for colour on what was there but lost the detail around the shapes. However I made a great big murky mess of the shadows in the flowers and at the weekend stripped it back within the blooms areas and started again. Other work I did related to the background and strengthening the leaves and shadow.
Technorati tags: art , coloured pencils , colored pencils , flower paintings , painting