This month the Making A Mark Poll also will provide data which will updates a very similar Poll done in August last year - see What's the MAIN way you sell your art? - The Results. The analysis of the results last year provided an indication of two key 'need to know' aspects of selling art:
- What works - the more successful ways of selling art
- What works less well when it comes to selling art
I've slightly revised the categories to take account of some of the comments last year. These are:
- Gallery - gallery artist
- Gallery exhibition - "rent a space"
- Juried Exhibition (Art Society / Art Competition)
- Art Fairs
- Studio sales / Open Studios
- Word of mouth / friends and family
- Via traffic from own website / blog
- Online Gallery / Shop - eBay
- Online Gallery / Shop - Etsy
- Other Online Galley / Shop
You'll find the survey in the right hand column in the usual place - just below the Blogger Followers widget.
The poll closes early on 31st August and the analysis of results will be posted the same day.
What's the MAIN way you have sold art in the last 12 months?
- Please feel free to comment on what your experience has been and what changes you've observed or experienced in the last 12 months.
- If you've got a helpful tip for others trying make decisions about what theis the best way to sell their art please share it.