Wednesday, April 21, 2021

RBA Annual Exhibition 2021 (Part 2)

I was apparently correct to be cautious about attending the Annual Exhibition of the Royal Society of British Artists at the Mall Galleries last week.  I met up with Mick Davies, the President yesterday and apparently some 500 people visited on the first day! 

Yesterday when I visited (or rather when my ankle allowed me to visit) there were a lot of people viewing the exhibition. It was almost like pre-pandemic days! 

I guess a lot of people have been waiting a very long time to be able to see art hung on walls as opposed to online - and are very appreciative of the opportunity to do so!

Note: the current state of play with my "bone on bone and no cartilage" in my severely osteoarthritic ankle is that I can't visit when I'd like to - because some days I can barely walk. As it was I could hardly walk when I got home yesterday - having exceeded the rather small number of steps I can comfortably do without repercussions. It's made me realise how much I really need a rollator for regular sit downs! Apparently the disabled lift is being replaced at the Mall Galleries - which will also be helpful.

I was aiming to complete my review of the exhibition today - but instead I've focused on getting my photos online via my public Facebook Page. They're in the order that I, more or less, walked around the exhibition - except I started with the East rather than the West Gallery. Mostly they're views of sections of the walls - but I've also included:

  • some of the prizewinners (see my previous post for access to the listings of images, artists and associated videos)
  • some of the artworks which "jumped off the wall" at me - for various reasons
They'll help you make sense of tomorrow review of the exhibition - which I RECOMMEND people try and see if they can before the exhibition closes at the end of Saturday 24th April.

The beginning of the Facebook album of images of the RBA Annual Exhibition 2021

My review blog post will be tomorrow and I hope to also do a preliminary analysis of how the sales are spread across price ranges.

You can also take a look at this VIDEO introduction to the Exhibition by RBA President Mick Davies - filmed as the final touches were happening to the hanging of the exhibition prior to its opening

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.