Tuesday, June 06, 2006

1000+ hits, 5 stars and 2 cat drawings

Well "Sketching for Real", my new sketching class seems to have got off to a good start yesterday. As I write this post, it's now had over 1,000 hits and has already been rated 5 stars and it's only 36 hours old!

What's really nice is that everybody is so enthusiastic and the class students are doing an amazing job with their 'quickie' sketches which is the first assignment.

I did a couple of quickies yesterday to show them the difference when drawing the same object between drawing using a contour line only and drawing the value shapes and tones. Polly obliged by having her afternoon nap!

Each of these was drawn in about 3-4 minutes using a Pilot GTec C4 pen in an A6 size black handback sketchbook by Daler Rowney.



Technorati tags: , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

  1. Yay for you!!! Do you get tired of my saying how impressed I am by all that you do? You might as well get used to it, because I'm sure to keep feeling that way.
    L(lines)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a wonderful class and everyone should join it!!!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laura and Anita.

    I must say having had more than a year of people telling me I should do a sketching class it's really great to be doing one at long last.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.