“The Moose” - the award for the best animal in an illustrated blog
Named after the first winner of this award. This award is for particularly noteworthy artwork about an animals or animals (wild or domestic) posted to an art or illustrated blog in 2010I recived one nomination for this award. According to Kimberly Santini Lisa Daria for the Moose Award and the Stickability one - Lisa Daria (Lisa Daria) was is a daily painter who tackles a variety of subjects, always accompanied by her studio assistant, Brie, a big fluff ball who gets into all sorts of troubles.
- the omnipresent Borromini Bear who accompanies Liz Steel (Liz + Borromini) on her sketchbook travels (see The Travels with a Sketchbook Trophy) and manages to get into quite a few photographs
- Tripod - Jeanette Jobson's (Illustrated Life) three-legged cat
He's also featured in very many drawings and paintings over the years and has always come across as an animal with a strong male character. He's become a bit fussy with age (don't they all?) and only occasionally now consents to model - for a fee!
His owner made an unknowing bid to capture my attention with a rather fetching Christmas painting (see right) and I succumbed!
"The Moose" award for best animal on an illustrated blog is
The “Tales from the Frontline” Amusing Musings Trophy
Originally two awards but combined into one for the last two years.I'm not making this award this year as I'm currently stumped for a nomination. This can be changed if there are late suggestions! :)
- "The Amusing Musings Trophy" is for keeping me amused.
- The “Tales from the Frontline - Mention in Despatches" - my favourite blog by somebody who lives with an artist.
The Most Gorgeous Mouthwatering (MGM) Studio of the Year
The Most Gorgeous Mouthwatering (MGM) Studio of the YearShed of Reality: a place called sanity
For the Most Improved Studio of the Year - to reflect the continuous efforts of artists to improve our studio environments.
The 2010 Winner ofbelongs to Cathy Johnson
The brilliant thing about this project was that Cathy set up a blog to track the whole process of creating a new studio in a shed.
It not only provides a record of the various trials, tribulations and achievements, it's also a marvellous source of information with lots of links for anybody else trying to tackle a similar project.
I'm sure Cathy would also want to make sure that I mention Joseph's part in bringing this project to fruition.
I wonder if Cathy loans Joseph out...... ;)
Links: The Making A Mark Awards
- This page on my website references every award, everybody who has been nominated, all the nomination posts and all past winners. ( I still have to update it for 2010!)
- See the MAM AWARD WINNERS: