|Where would you prefer to have an art studio? (right click to see larger image)|
- nearly 45% would be perfectly content with a dedicated room in their own home
- while 35% would prefer a dedicated but separate building at home
- Only 10% want a dedicated studio in a building with other artists
- 1.5% want a separate building away from home and
- less than 1% would work anywhere but at home.
People do want their own space though.
- Less than 5% of you are happy to use a multipurpose room at home
- Nobody wants to work on the kitchen table!
- First, I wonder how many of the 137 people who responded to this poll have had experience of working alongside other artists. In other words if you're not aware of any benefits is this something you will opt for with no prior experience? It struck me that this might be an option which is favoured by those who have had some experience in the past of creating their art amidst a congregation of artists' studios.
- Second, by definition, a lot of artists bloggers have found a ready community of artists online and feel less in need of the companionship of fellow artists in the flesh and in a next door studio
Can I suggest you leave a copy of this poll lying around the next time you get asked what you want for Christmas!
Drop back tomorrow for the Making A Mark Poll for August!
You can see more results from my monthly Making A Mark Polls on The Making A Mark Poll - Resources for Artists