Tuesday, December 01, 2009

MaM Poll (Dec. 2009) - Which art gift would you like for Christmas?

This year your fairy godmother is granting you one wish when choosing a Christmas present for yourself.

Assuming you've primed all your nearest and dearest to supplement your art supplies, I've suggested below a set of options which are a little more difficult to achieve.

Copying a painting in the Musée d'Orsay
(Julie Manet (1887) by Pierre Auguste Renoir)
photo copyright Katherine Tyrrell

So, if you got your wish, which gift would you choose?

Here's your options:
  1. An extra dollop of talent
  2. Your choice of a workshop with the best artist / tutor
  3. Your very own concept (unique, satisfying & marketable)
  4. Sponsorship to travel and paint overseas
  5. More time in the studio to make art
  6. A studio assistant to do all the messy/boring tasks
  7. Expert advice/sponsorship by a really good framer
  8. Recognition (eg Winning a major art competition)
  9. Better tools & confidence for marketing your art
  10. An invite to be a gallery artist with a great gallery
  11. An invite to teach art in a prestigious location
  12. Art Business accounts with a healthy bottom line after tax
You can find the poll in the right hand column of this blog just above "bloggers who follow this blog".

If you have any other ideas as to what you'd really like for Christmas just leave a comment below. Or maybe tell me what you'd do if you got your wish?

This poll finishes at midnight on Christmas Eve and I'll be posting the result after the holiday.

Do feel free to link to this poll on your own blog or share it with your friends - the more the merrier when it comes to responses! :)

[You can see the results of the November poll here - MAM Poll (November 09) Results: What makes a good art teacher?]

Making a Mark reviews......

8 comments:

  1. What a great list from which to choose! When I saw the title I thought: a new easel. :)But your ideas are even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had things like a new easel and a new studio in when I began the list. Then I decided that fairy godmothers can do a bit better than that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A studio - I paint in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surplus funds to spend on framing and supplies and marketing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A studio! instead of a corner of the living room

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll cheat and ask for another 12 wishes so that I can have them all ;>D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think that option is in the list Vivien. Fairy godmothers who read fairy tales have heard about that particular smart move! ;)

    However just being able to choose one means that the list is shaping up in a very interesting way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can we combine number 2 and 4? Would love to go to Europe, and learning from someone while I'm there would be AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.