Benoit told me
This 36 page eBook is a collection of 17 practical exercises for artists. I have learnt some of them over the years and designed some to fulfil my own needs. I am a painter, so most of these exercises are visual ones. However, many of them do not require specific artistic skills and are suitable for anyone regardless of their age or level of artistic abilityI've taken a look at it and read all the exercises he identifies in this book. Those who have had some art school training or have had the benefit of tuition from good visual art tutors will recognise a number if not all of the exercises. However they are rarely all brought together like this in just one book.
I think Benoit has created a really helpful resource:
- for hobby artists to share with their friends
- for tutors to share with their classes
- for semi-professional and professional artists to use as a 'wake-up' call if their creativity or art has lost a certain "je ne sais quoi"
You can find out more about “Creative Exercises for Artists and Everyone Else” in his post Creative exercises for artists.
You can also:
- read the book on screen as a slideshow (see below)
- download it as a pdf file and read using Adobe Reader