|The Pastel Society website|
Next month, on the 18th and 19th February, pastel artists will be making an expedition to the basement of the Federation of British artists in Carlton House Terrace to drop off the work they are submitting to the 112th Annual Exhibition of The Pastel Society. This year it's called Colour 2011. I guess you might call that a hint?
Note the "The" - that's because it's the premier pastel society in the UK - dating back to 1898.
Of course, there'll be a bunch of other pastel artists who'll be submitting their work via the various regional pick-ups and hand-ins around the UK.
If you'd like to read/see more about past exhibitions click any or all of my posts listed at the end. These are my reviews of the exhibitions and contain:
- information about artists winning awards
- images and notes about artists who caught my eye
- what has stayed the same and what has changed - including observations about what I observed in terms of trends in work submitted and how work was presented for exhibition.
|Works in 2010 Exhibition by Norma Stephenson|
For those of you who are tempted to submit work here is a summary of the conditions for entry.
Who can enter?
This is an OPEN exhibition and is not limited to work by members
- Number of works:
- Maximum of six works submitted.
- Maximum of four works selected
- Acceptable media: Pastels, including oil pastels, charcoal, pencil, conté, sanguine, or any dry media.
- Acceptable Framing: All works must be framed. Metal frames are inadmissible.
- Size of work: Deadline for submitting work bigger than 2.4m (8ft) has been passed
- Price of work: All works must be for sale. Minimum price: £300.
- the gallery on the Pastel Society website.
- a slideshow of images by some of the members which will be appearing in the 2011 Exhibition.
- Receiving Days:
- Friday 18 February and Saturday 19 February, 10am-5pm.
- Select this link for information on regional handing-in points.
- Collection of unaccepted work: Saturday 5 or Wednesday 9 March, 10am-5pm
- Collection of unsold exhibition work: Wednesday 4 May, 10am-5pm
- Mall Galleries - Exhibition dates 2010:
- Private View: Tuesday 19 April
- Opens to public: Wednesday 20 April, 10am-5pm including weekends
- Closes: Sunday 1 May at 3pm
To submit work you need to Register Online. You can also Download the Registration Pack
General guidance on entries can be found on the Mall Galleries website
|Works in 2010 Exhibition by Roger Dellar (Ranelagh prizewinner 2010)|
This is an exhibition which has attracted respectable sponsorship from art materials manufacturers and suppliers, galleries and art clubs and various memorial prizes.
Awards include: Daler Rowney Art Materials Awards, Bill Patterson Memorial Award, Brian Sinfield Fine Arts Award, Linda Blackstone Gallery ‘Debra Manifold Memorial Award’, £200 Annie Longley Award, Cross Gate Gallery Prize Kentucky USA, Frank Herring Awards, The Arts Club Award, Unison Pastels Materials Award, Anthony J. Lester Art Critic Award, Purcell Papers
Links to past posts on this blog about previous exhibitions:
- 2010: MAKING A MARK: The Pastel Society - Annual Exhibition 2010
- 2009: MAKING A MARK: Exhibition review: The Pastel Society's 110th Annual Exhibition
- 2008: MAKING A MARK: The Pastel Society UK - 109th Annual Exhibition
- 2007: MAKING A MARK: "Pastels Today" - The Pastel Society Exhibition (#1) and
- 2006: MAKING A MARK: The Pastel Society - Annual Exhibition 2006