However after having spent very many hours on it yesterday and today - during which time it also spawned two completely new sites - I can now remember why I've been putting this one off!!!
Here's the introduction..........
Plus this is the expanded list of topics covered by the lens.
Do you want to know how to sell art online - or improve your knowledge of e-commerce for artists? Check out this site to find out about selling your art via your websites, blog, shopping carts, auctions, online galleries, online stores and email marketing.
Whether you are an emerging or experienced artist, this site will provide you with a link to information and advice about:
- driving traffic to your blog or website
- finding out more about tools and webware which can help with ecommerce for artists
- reviewing the various sites offering to help you sell your art online
- ecommerce and payment systems for selling online
- the law and regulations relating to selling online
- other matters relevant to the business of selling art online.
Much of the advice is generic and applicable to all artists no matter where they live. Where information is country-specific, it tends to focus on on the UK. It also provides information relevant to the US market
Options for selling your art onlineI'm now completely cross-eyed. Partly because I have not been enjoying at all the way that Squidoo lost some of the basic functionality for building sites like this in the last webware update. It's now very difficult to move links around in the link list module and consequently you well find that the order of some of the links is not as logical as it might be.
Selling from your website and/or blog
- Your options for selling your art online
Auctions, Stores and Online Galleries
- Selling from your own website and/or blog
- CONTENT TIPS: Getting people to subscribe and visit
- TECHNICAL TIPS - Driving traffic to your blog or website
- Blogging for Artists
- Tools to aid online selling by an artist
- Useful articles about selling art online
- The Art Business - book for artists
- COMING SOON!!! A brand new information site about selling art via third parties
- COMING SOON!!!
- Selling Art Online - Relevant Blogs
- Art and Business - Resources for Artists
- TOP TIP: Do you know who buys art?
Selling Art Online - Law and regulations
- What is E-commerce?
- TIPS for ecommerce online
- E-commerce software
- Reviews of ecommerce software
- Wikipedia - E-commerce payment systems
- Ecommerce payment systems
- News about the ecommerce marketplace
- Selling Art Online - the Law and Regulation in the USA
- Selling Art Online - the Law and Regulations in the UK
- Selling ACEOs online
- BOOKS: Marketing Art and Selling Art Online
Selling practices to be avoided
- Permission Marketing
- Email Newsletter Software
- Find out about e-mail marketing
- Email marketing for artists
- Bait and switch
- Comments and Feedback
This is very definitely a work in progress. Please do tell me what you think's missing.
TOMORROW! After I've sorted my number one priority - my borough parking permit - I shall be publishing Online Art Galleries - Resources for Artists