Thursday, December 01, 2011

POLL: Do you create Christmas products from your art?

For the last two Decembers I've had seasonal opinion polls for art bloggers (see links at end).  This year the poll asks the question Do you create Christmas / seasonal products from your art?

Here are the response options - and you can choose more than one if appropriate:
  • Yes - I create original art with seasonal theme
  • Yes - I market prints with seasonal theme
  • Yes - I create and sell a calendar
  • Yes - I create and sell seasonal cards
  • Yes - I sell gift vouchers for commissions
  • No - but I do increase my marketing efforts
  • No - no time to create and market products
  • No - not the way I want to sell my art
Merry Christmas Hares by Jeanette Jobson
By way of example, Merry Christmas Hares is one example of the great images created by Jeanette Jobson (Illustrated Life) which she is marketing via FineArtAmerica as an image for a variety of products - including a Christmas card and print.  She's also produced a 2012 Calendar which is available from from Jeanette Jobson Fine Art.

If you'd like to highlight any seasonal offerings you've created (with a seasonal theme), please highlight these in the comments below.

As December is Making the Mark Awards month - and hence very busy for me - this poll runs for just two weeks and will finish on 14th December and will be reported on the 15th.

You can find the poll just above "For Your Information" in the right hand column.

Links to previous seasonal opinion polls

7 comments:

  1. This will be the first year where I have felt confident enough in my botanical work to produce a couple of small, original pieces to give as cards. Just going to check out the 2009 poll results to get some ideas on art gifts for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, looking at the poll results for 09, the art gift I could do with the most is...the extra dollop of talent please. Ah well, books again then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some winter paintings that this year I am marketing as Christmas Cards. Over the past few years I have designed Christmas Cards for Whippet owners, which spread to include Greyhounds and Lurchers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucian Freud would have liked your paintings I'm sure!

    Good luck with your Christmas Fair tomorrow http://annawilsonpatterson.blogspot.com/2011/11/ship-winchelsea-beach.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. I am just starting to read my way around your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A few illustrative Christmas cards I'm currently marketing to e-land and beyond.

    Endorsed by none other than Noel Edmonds...

    http://shop.mrwillvincent.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for including my hares in your post Katherine. This piece and my Purity Kisses are consistent seasonal favourites both in note card and 8 x 10 forms.

    I do find that less people are purchasing or sending cards over the last few years. The traditional card needs revamping into something that can be valued after the season has passed. Calendar images that can be framed after the year passes or cards that can serve a similar function tend to be kept and reused in other forms.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.