|Who painted this? #34|
How to participate in "Who painted this? #33"
PLEASE make sure you read the rules before posting a comment - and ONLY POST ON THIS BLOG what you think is the answer.
Click this link to read THE RULES for participating in this challenge (this saves having to copy them out for each post!).
- use your brains not software to find the answer
- search using words only on a database of images
- leave your answer as a comment on this blog
- if correct it will not be published until the next post - which provides the answer
- if wrong it will be published
- do not leave the answer on Facebook!
- the winner - who gets a mention and a link on/from this blog - is the first person to give me a completely correct answer for ALL the things I want to know
Who Painted This #33 - The Answer
- Title of the artwork: Le Boulevard de Clichy, Effet de soleil d'hiver
- Name of the artist who created this artwork: Camille Pissarro
- Date it was created: 1880
- Media used: pastel on paper, 74.2 x 59.9 cm
- Where it lives now: Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute at Williamstown, MA, USA
Camille Pissarro’s Boulevard de Clichy, Effect of Winter Sunlight was shown in the sixth Impressionist exhibition of 1881
It was exhibited in 2008 as part of the exhibition The Art of the Pastel at the Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute
Who guessed correct?Who painted this? #33: Congratulations to collage artist Alyson Champ (The Chronicle of Wasted Time | Facebook) who was the first with the correct answer - albeit with the alternative attribution re which boulevard.
Others who also got it right - in order - are:
- Barbara Jackson - I loved her explanation
A copy of this painting along with a copy of Pissarro's Boulevard Montmartre Printemps hung over the Hifi when I was growing up. Looked at this painting for many years.
Just for the record - anybody who leaves a comment on the page which lists all the "who painted this?" rather than the specific blog post is not counted. You have been warned!