I've been getting a Postcard from Provence in my inbox for over a year but today is the second anniversary of the very first post (of an oil painting of an oyster on a postcard) by Julian Merrow Smith on his extremely popular and very successful painting a day blog. His work has become so familiar to me that I can now spot a PfP subject anytime one presents itself!
Julian's blog has notched up just short of 250,000 visits in the last two years. If you're not familiar with Julian's blog and how it came about and the impact it has had then take a look at the mentions he's had in my blog over the last year or so (see the links at the end of this post) and then turn to the press coverage - on the front page of Postcard from Provence (see quote below).
Shiftinglight Elsewhere...You can sign up to get a postcard in your inbox here. And watch out for some very interesting news in the near future.................
Happy Birthday Julian and congratulations on all that you and Ruth have achieved in the last two years - that oyster really did turn out to have a pearl!
- Postcard from Provence
- Making A Mark: Links to artist weblogs and websites 22 January 2006
- Making A Mark: Postcard from Provence 21 February 2006
- Making A Mark: Why artists should blog (Part 2) - the success of painting a day blogs 24 Augsut 2006
- Making A Mark: Blogging Art in 2006 - The Making A Mark Awards 30 December 2006 (Julian shared the Painting a Day Stickability Prize)
- Making A Mark: Blogging Art in 2006 - The Making A Mark Awards Part 2 30 December 2006 (in which his wife won the "Tales from the Frontline" Mention in Dispatches award for being my favourite blog by somebody who lives with an artist).