Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Parrots in Pastel

I'm doing a project on flowers - working from life - this month, so hopefully there's going to be a lot of flower paintings and drawings this month.

Here's the first one. This is in pastels on an abrasive support (which I think is Sansfix). It's approx 50 cm square

I'm posting an early stage (which is too bright) and then what I think might be the finished image (which I'm thinking is looking a bit too subdued maybe). The difficulty with this one is getting the colour of shadows on the very pale yellow parrot tulips - I've been through a lot of pale blues / lilacs / pinks.........

I'd love to hear any suggestions for any possible improvements..........



, , ,

1 comment:

  1. This is beautifully rendered! I don't think the bottom one is too subdued.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.