Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Van Gogh: More About Drawing

Vincent van Gogh (Dutch, 1853–1890)
Café Terrace on the Place du Forum, 1888
Reed pen, ink, and graphite on laid paper; 62 x 47 cm (24 7/8 x 18 1/2 in.)
Dallas Museum of Art
(For more images of drawings by Van Gogh see the archive of the exhibition "Vincent Van gogh: the Drawings" at The Metropolitan Museum of Art's website www.metmuseum.org )

I'm enjoying my research into Van Gogh's approach to drawing. Besides Sjraar Van Heugten's book "Van Gogh - The Master Draughtsman" and other sources mentioned in the Introduction to Van Gogh Project, I've also found some more online sources.

The following provide a very useful perspective on Van Gogh's approach to drawing:Links:
Technorati tags: , ,

3 comments:

MrsSnowy said...

Many, many thanks for another treasure trove of VVG links, Katherine. I thought Michael Kimmelman's review/essay was brilliant. I could lose myself in the extract of letters for weeks! When will I ever get time to draw? When do YOU ever get time to draw?!

Katherine said...

Let me put it this way Robyn - I do these VG posts in stages and when I finally get to the morning I post them it has to be one where I don't have any other claims on my time!

I have to say that I'm just getting the most terrific amount out of doing the research and, as ever, it would be a such a shame not to share it!

Elizabeth said...

Many thanks for a terrific and inspiring set of resources. Sargent, VanGogh, ... can't wait to see where you take us next!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...