Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Van Gogh: More About Drawing

Vincent van Gogh (Dutch, 1853–1890)
Café Terrace on the Place du Forum, 1888
Reed pen, ink, and graphite on laid paper; 62 x 47 cm (24 7/8 x 18 1/2 in.)
Dallas Museum of Art
(For more images of drawings by Van Gogh see the archive of the exhibition "Vincent Van gogh: the Drawings" at The Metropolitan Museum of Art's website www.metmuseum.org )

I'm enjoying my research into Van Gogh's approach to drawing. Besides Sjraar Van Heugten's book "Van Gogh - The Master Draughtsman" and other sources mentioned in the Introduction to Van Gogh Project, I've also found some more online sources.

The following provide a very useful perspective on Van Gogh's approach to drawing:Links:
Technorati tags: , ,

3 comments:

  1. Many, many thanks for another treasure trove of VVG links, Katherine. I thought Michael Kimmelman's review/essay was brilliant. I could lose myself in the extract of letters for weeks! When will I ever get time to draw? When do YOU ever get time to draw?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me put it this way Robyn - I do these VG posts in stages and when I finally get to the morning I post them it has to be one where I don't have any other claims on my time!

    I have to say that I'm just getting the most terrific amount out of doing the research and, as ever, it would be a such a shame not to share it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for a terrific and inspiring set of resources. Sargent, VanGogh, ... can't wait to see where you take us next!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.