Sunday, July 03, 2011

Sunflower

Sunflower by makingamark2
Sunflower, a photo by makingamark2 on Flickr.

Yesterday, while taking my satnav divert away from the Autoroute de Soleil - while the whole of France hit the road as the schools finished for the summer - I saw a number of delights travelling along the D roads.

First came the endless vineyards of the Rhone valley as I travelled up the D7 and D8.

Then the fields of sunflowers started. Huge fields completely filled with sunflowers in full bloom. I don't think I've ever seen them looking so fresh. It was like the impact of trees in fresh leaf after a long winter.

Later I had to get back on the autoroute again and discovered that if you love looking at sunflowers the fields south of Bourg-en-Bresse are full of them. Field after massive field of sunflowers - they were simply stunning - but no photos as I was driving!

The next photo is likely to be of the Cote d'Or where I'm going for lunch at Gevrey Chambertin.

2 comments:

  1. So who sounds like she is still having a splendid time?!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sunflower. The D roads can be interesting,there is a lovely section between Langres and Besancon.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.