Sunday, July 03, 2011


Sunflower by makingamark2
Sunflower, a photo by makingamark2 on Flickr.

Yesterday, while taking my satnav divert away from the Autoroute de Soleil - while the whole of France hit the road as the schools finished for the summer - I saw a number of delights travelling along the D roads.

First came the endless vineyards of the Rhone valley as I travelled up the D7 and D8.

Then the fields of sunflowers started. Huge fields completely filled with sunflowers in full bloom. I don't think I've ever seen them looking so fresh. It was like the impact of trees in fresh leaf after a long winter.

Later I had to get back on the autoroute again and discovered that if you love looking at sunflowers the fields south of Bourg-en-Bresse are full of them. Field after massive field of sunflowers - they were simply stunning - but no photos as I was driving!

The next photo is likely to be of the Cote d'Or where I'm going for lunch at Gevrey Chambertin.


Robyn Sinclair said...

So who sounds like she is still having a splendid time?!:)

Colours and Textures said...

Lovely sunflower. The D roads can be interesting,there is a lovely section between Langres and Besancon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...