This is an open exhibition which means you don't need to be a member of CPSA to submit work to this exhibition. On the other hand if you any aspirations to becoming a signature member then best to become a member or make sure your membership has been paid before you enter!
The CPSA website provides a number of links to the relevant information for all those wanting to enter work in - and prepare their digital entry for - this exhibition.
It's absolutely essential to read carefully the information contained in the Prospectus and Exhibition Information which is now posted on the website as a pdf file - and then read it again! This 8 page document includes the very precise specifications for show entry plus workshop and convention information.
These are the key dates for next year's calendar or wall chart!
- Closing date for entry: 11:59 p.m. (Mountain Time) 31st March 2009
- Notification of selection: 2nd May 2009
- Period for shipping artwork: 17th - 24th June 2009 (note that CPSA will post detailed information and instructions about shipping your artwork on www.cpsa.org after the selected artists have been notified)
- Final jury and awards selection: 1st July 2009 (telephone notification begins 2nd July)
- Exhibition dates: 9th July to 29th August 2009
- Convention dates: 29th July - 1st August 2009
- 17th Annual International Exibition and Convention
- Frequently Asked Questions about Exhibitions
- Frequently Asked Questions about Framing
- Step by Step Entry Using the CaFE system
- Preparing Your Digital Image Using Photoshop
- Questions Specific to Digital Terminology
Venue: The Exhibition will be held at the Jacqueline C. Hudgens Center for the Arts 6400 Sugarloaf Parkway, Bldg. 300, Duluth, Georgia 30097.
Host: Arrangements for the exhibition and convention are hosted by District Chapter 107 Atlanta (in liaison with Paula Park, the CPSA Exhibition Director)
Finally, this is a link to yesterday's post on the CPSA News Blog - 17th Annual CPSA Exhibition - It’s Time to Prepare Your Entry! Deadline March 31, 2009.
That's it for now. I'll do another post later which focuses on particular issues to watch out for.