You're are all invited to come and view my work in person at the Art for Youth North 2007 exhibition in Yorkshire next week.
Now for some shameless touting - as this is a very good cause. The five works you see above are all matted and framed under glass - all sizes are the image and not the frame. All are original works of art in coloured pencil and and are all for sale as indicated below although the copyright is retained by me.
- Symonds Yat - blue, green, gold (image: 12" x 18"; frame 50cm x 60cm) £450 The view from Symonds Yat of the River Wye on the edge of England and Wales is a marvellous and very famous view - and yet somehow it always manages to looks different. On a hot day in September the falcons flew overhead, the trees were still green, the hay had been cut and the river appeared to be this impossible intense blue.
- Ice Lake at Sheffield Park (image: 20cm x 30cm; frame 30cm x 40cm) £175 - We visited Sussex in January for a birthday treat and walked around the wonderful Sheffield Park gardens on a day when it was literally freezing! This was the view of the ice lake which had formed - looking back towards the house
- Bluebell Beginnings (image 8" x 12"; frame 17" x 19") £195 - a work developed from a visit to the fabulous bluebell wood at Emmetts Garden last April. The bluebells were late in arriving and this drawing shows them as the sloping floor of the bluebell woods begins to change from green to blue
- The view from Domme (image 12" x 16"; frame 21" x 25.5" £385) - a favourite view from an ancient town overlooking the River Dordogne in France. I sat at a restauarant on the L'esplanade, had a wonderful lunch and sketched this view knowing it was definitely going to be worked up into a 'proper' drawing.
- Christmas in Cheshire (image 5" x 15"; frame 10" x 20") £150 - One of my most favourite views. This is a view of the ancient field formations in the valley of the River Wheelock. It's the view I saw every morning when I drew the curtains in my room at my parents' house in Cheshire. I woke up one morning at Christmastime to see snow!
- Back Street Venice (image 10" x 8") £120
- 7am Sunday Morning (image 8" x 10") £120
- Gondolas (image 8.25" x 11.75") £120
If you're interested in buying any of these works please contact the exhibition organiser Claire Cadogan on 01845 577 238 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art for Youth has been running for 4 years and has so far raised over £600,000 for UK Youth, the UK's leading youth work charity. A percentage of all receipts from sales of this work (see notes) will be donated to UK Youth to help it develop projects which encourage social inclusion and help some of the UK's most disadvantaged and isolated young people to build self-esteem and realise their full potential.
This blog is now taking a short break and will be back next week - with sketches from my travels with a sketchbook in the north of England!
- UK Youth: the leading national youth work charity supporting over 750,000 young people, helping them to raise their aspirations, realise their potential and have their achievements recognised via non-formal, accredited education programmes and activities.
- Art for Youth North 2007 (17th-19th April) - details, events, directions and contacts.