11.5" x 17", pencil in Daler Rowney A4 sketchbook
copyright Katherine Tyrrell
So - first an introduction to the 24 Hour Museum and then some links to some good bits. I'm sure you can find some of your own. Please share them in the comments section if you do.
There are also events listings for us you want to pay a proper visit too! Here, for example, is:
The 24 Hour Museum is the UK’s National Virtual Museum, updated daily with at least two new stories including arts and museum news as well as exhibition notices, reviews, features and trails. The site promotes publicly-funded UK museums, galleries, archives and heritage attractions and seeks to get the message about Britain's great culture to a broad online audience nationally and worldwide. (from "24 Hour Museum: About Us")
- the listing for the next seven days in London - detailing 80 exhibitions and 30 other events. Click 'What's On' to find other exhibitions and events around the UK.
- This is the main exhibitions page.
- and this is the page for accessing the City Heritage Guides. Here's, for example, is the guide to Leicester City Guide
- Innovation and Diversity - A Trail of Artist Run Galleries in England
- WebSite of the Week: links to past websites of the week
- 77 per cent of museums now boast a bespoke educational facility compared to only 36 per cent in 1994.
- 32 per cent of school visits were made by schoolchildren in the bottom 20 per cent of the deprivation index.
Technorati tags: art history