The Making A Mark Poll for May looked at where you priced your art - specifically whether you priced your art on your website or blog.
Having just surfaced from an enormous art materials order, I'm not tangling with Excel to try and produce a chart as I know how long that takes!
However I have copied the results across - see below
Do you price your art on your website / blog? (Poll Results)
I only realised after the poll had started that I hadn't provided for an option which is "various places" since all the other options artists only price their art in one place.
From the 74 people who responded to the poll, we can see that:
- 55% priced on website or blog
- the majority - 32% - prefer to price on their website only, in what is a more gallery-like environment. Traditionally, this is where we have been more used to seeing prices.
- 18% price on both website and blog
- while only 5% price on their blog alone
- 16% never price their art at all - online or attached to the real thing.
- 10% of you only price your art when selling from your own studio
- 9% price on other online sites only.
- 6% have prices on their art in bricks and mortar galleries only