This was a new award this year and rather surprisingly only attracted one nomination for the best picture (natural world) on an art blog in 2010.
- I'll be selecting at least another couple of images on art blog to go forward as the shortlist for you to the vote on the best picture of 2010
- I'll be including larger images of the shortlisted works in the invitation to vote for the winner - which gets posted tomorrow.
- You then have until 29th December to vote for the work you think is the best.
Liverpool painting No. 58. May I Start, May I Finish. Waterloo Road by Steve Strode (Painter)
Nominated by Steve Strode
A little different to the paintings of Liverpool streets, but I came across this scene on a recent walk around the docks. Looking out over the wasteland of Trafalgar Dock towards Birkenhead, I noticed the birds going about their business behind the wire. Right in the town centre dock area I came across flocks of Canada Geese grazing the scrub, I could have been anywhere except the city centre. Apparently the feral Canada goose is on the increase in Britain, (I didn't realise wild animals could be termed feral, but there you go).
Note: The rules for nominations were as follows:
- This prize helps us to focus on a very traditional form of art which over the years has helped to record the world around us in all its wonderful variation. The Nature can be botanical art and/or natural history art and/or wildlife art.
- In 2010, any artist can be nominated who has created a portrayal of some form of nature and/or wildlife and posted their work to their art or illustrated blog in 2010.
- 2D artwork is eligible - artwork can be a painting (in any media) or a drawing (in any media) or a fine art print (using any method)
- Work is NOT eligible if it appears to be be one or more of the following:
- was not completed in 2010
- has not appeared on an art or illustrated blog in 2010
- appears on a site which is not a 'regular' (non adult) art blog which is more than three months old (ie websites don't count)
- over-reliant on a photograph not taken by the artist
- subjected to lots of digital manipulation/tweaks (over and above that needed to make it read 'true' on screen)
- the nominated work is unclear - no exceptions made for self-nominations
- An artist can be nominated more than once - by different people - for different works
- An artist can be nominated more than once - by different people - for the same work
- To be shortlisted the nominated artist must agree to their work being displayed on this blog as part of the shortlist.
- Anonymous nominations are not permitted. In order to nominate you too must have an art or illustrated blog and be capable of being identified by me. (This is to stop spammers!)
- All nominations must be in English