Call for Entries
Deadline for Entries: 21 June 2016
Who can enter
- The competition is open to international entries - but the entrant is responsible for getting their work to (and from) designated drop off and collection venues
What can you enter
These are the Guidelines
- All forms of original printmaking are eligible for entry. (That means no reproductions of art in other media - digital or otherwise!)
- All artwork must have been made in the past 3 years, dating from Tuesday 1 March 2013.
- There are no size restrictions
- Maximum of 6 prints
- All prints must be framed in wooden frames
- All entries must be handed in unwrapped (i.e. if you do not enter by hand you need a courier service which will unwrap your entry)
- All works selected for exhibition must be for sale. (note that 45% commission will be deducted from the sale value of all works sold during the exhibitions or directly as a result of the exhibition.)
How to enter
- entry is digital - images can be a maximum of 3mb
- entry fee payable is £12.00 per entry (£8.00 for students)
- This is the entry form
Selection PanelThe Judges are
- Mychael Barratt (President of the Royal Society of Painter-Printmakers)
- Trevor Price (Vice President of the Royal Society of Painter-Printmakers)
- Julia Beaumont-Jones (Print Historian & Author)
- Bruce McLean (Artist)
- Mike Taylor (Director of Paupers Press)
There's no guarantee that your work will be hung if selected as a final selection is made when the exhibition is hung. (That's also another way of saying if your work is very large it better be very good!)
Handing-in of selected works
Selected works are to be delivered (unwrapped):
- to Ground Floor, 23 Blue Anchor Lane, Bermondsey, London SE16 3UL
- on Friday 16 or Saturday 17 September 2016 11AM - 6PM
Interestingly this competition seems to have cracked the VAT issue for international entries
- Please liaise with Picture Post using the contact details below, who will:
- Manage the VAT process.
- Receive artwork from DHL/FedEx/TNT etc.
- Hand In on the due day.
- Store the packaging for use in the event of a return being required.
- Collect unsold or unaccepted artwork.
- Arrange the export service.
The exhibition of selected prints will be held:
- at Bankside Gallery, 48 Hopton Street, London SE1 9JH (next to Tate Modern on the South Bank)
- between 21 September – Sunday 2 October 2016