The courses are not cheap and there's a limit of 16 places on each course however I expect some of them - particularly those taught by Sarah Simblet - will be booked up fast.
Three drawing topics with Sarah Simblet
Courses offered include three with Sarah Simblet, a renowned artist and author. I've attended her lectures and done courses with her in the past and she's excellent! See, for example. my blog posts
- Classes: Drawing Trees with Sarah Simblet and
- Book review: The Drawing Book - into the vivid heart of drawing
|My sketch from A 'Day to Draw' at the National Gallery|
done while listening to Sarah Simblet talk about
the anatomy and skeletal features and muscle groups
She's very good and her books are also highly rated and best sellers!
Sarah is doing one course related to each of her books:
- Human Anatomy : Sarah has developed a series of unique and highly specialised courses on the study of human anatomy - and four courses in human anatomy available in 2016. These are taught in collaboration with sculptor and medical artist Eleanor Crook.
- [This is Sarah's book - Anatomy for the Artist]
- The Drawing Book: A seven day course developed from her book . Suitable as either a refresher course for experienced artists or an essential course for the beginner.
- [This is a link to her book The Drawing Book: An innovative, practical approach to drawing the world around you ]
- Botanical Drawing: A very popular course involving studio work, demonstrations and talks and the opportunity to visit gardens in Oxford.
- [Again linked to Sarah's book - "Botany for the Artist: An Inspirational Guide to Drawing Plants".]
Two other tutors also offer courses:
- Tara Benjamin-Morgan has two three-day courses in Life Drawing for beginners and less experienced artist
- Clova Stuart-Hamilton is teaching a five day course about Exotic Still Life
More details for each in the links in the titles.