The first is about how to transfer a graphite drawing to a panel for painting. This is an example of instruction in drawing which is done so much better using video!
PAINT: Transfer a Graphite Drawing to a Panel - Sadie Valeri
from Sadie Valeri Atelier on Vimeo.
She also has:
- a second video about how to Seal the Drawing on the Panel with 50/50 Varnish/Mineral Spirits
- plus another about how to sharpen a pencil
Sadie J. Valeri is a still life artist and tutor who I really admire. You can:
- see her still life paintings on her website
- enjoy her informative blog posts
- check out her art classes which focus on Classical Realism Painting and Drawing
- or, if you can't get to her San Francisco studio, you might want to take a look at her videos
I've been saying for a while that videos are the way forward for a lot of artists who want to teach and share their knowledge and skills to a wider audience online. To my mind, Sadie provides an excellent example and role model for all artists who aspire to become art tutors.