Saturday, January 24, 2015

"Holbein: Eye of the Tudors" - Waldemar Januszczak's Culture Show Special tonight

Tonight Holbein: Eye of the Tudors  - Waldemar Januszczak's programme about Holbein - airs on BBC2 tonight at 9pm. It looks at the life and work of Holbein, how he came to paint King Henry VIII and the Tudor Court and the secrets of his paintings.

The BBC has published an article about Holbein on its website Dark arts: Holbein and the court of Henry VIII

[Note: I've removed the BBC video clip - it was coded to open automatically and was driving me crazy every time I opened my blog!]

Here are links to video clips from the programme:


More information about Holbein


Hans Holbein d. J. - Portrait of Thomas Cromwell - WGA11548
Portrait of Thomas Cromwell - painted by Han Holbein

1 comment:

  1. He is good, isn't he .....old Waldemar ?
    Very enjoyable viewing and he explains the political background so well.I've always loved the drawings especially, but I haven't seen the designs for objects, eg candlesticks and fireplaces before...I hadn't realised that Holbein died from 'the sweats' (Plague), when he was only 45. I would like to be able to refer back to this so I'll be awaiting the release of a boxed set, sometime in the future...Thanks, for this Katherine,,,

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.