SHARE the 10 favourite places on Facebook where you found art you enjoy this year!
You're not sharing a specific post - you're sharing your cumulative EXPERIENCE over the whole of 2014 of enjoying a SOURCE of art on Facebook.
The source of art MUST be on Facebook and can be any of the following
- Facebook Pages or
- Facebook Groups or
- the Personal Accounts of Facebook Members (but I suggest you make sure these are ones which are mostly public - so you can share)
Below I've identified who might own some of the Facebook sites you want to highlight
Organisations or Groups
- Art Galleries and Museums
- Groups of artists with a common cause
- Newspapers / Journals employing journalists who write about art
- professional artists
- semi-professional artists
- artists who are keen to improve their work
- people who are beginners
Teachers and writers and video-makers
- art educators online
- individual tutors who share art education on Facebook
- people who curate and share art
- people who write books about art
- people who make videos about art
Art Business / Art Economy
- people who write about the art business
- art supplies people
Please use the tag #ArtOnFacebook2014 to indicate this is a post which forms part of this challenge. If you want to explain to people what's it about please feel free to link to this post - but you don't have to.
How you share them is up to you - on Facebook or on your blog or both.
- You can post all the sites in one day
- Or spread out the sites you've enjoyed between now and 31st December - maybe doing two per day!
- You can also reshare those sites shared by others!
I'm going to be sharing sites on my Making A Mark Facebook Page between now and the end of the year - and then will post links to them all on my blog on 31st December.
Will you accept my Facebook Art Challenge?
How this idea came about:
- I'm not running the Making A Mark Art Blog Awards this year for a variety of reasons - I've been mightily distracted from reading blogs by writing my book plus health issues - for me and my mother - kept me running around and continued the distraction. Overall it meant I looked at a lot less blogs in 2014 - so it didn't seem fair to do the MAM Awards.
- However I did keep track of people via Facebook and I've been trying to think of a way of celebrating art in 2014 - and this is it!