I loved seeing what their hair looks like when it arrives and how they process it before they then start making it into brushes. Who knew it was gum arabic which creates that coating on the brush to preserve its shape until it reaches its owner?
- Da Vinci's very civilised website is very accessible - it's available in four languages - German, English, French and Italian
- They also have a page about the brush production process and a leaflet about the brush factory
- This a glossary of the technical terms used in brush-making
- This is their very comprehensive artists brush guide - and a page which takes you to the guide for individual types of brushes.
- They also have a page where you can find a dealer close to you