Plus - a clue - there's another difference too.
|Who painted this? #58|
How to participate in "Who painted this? #58"
PLEASE make sure you read the rules before posting a comment - and ONLY POST ON THIS BLOG what you think is the answer.
Click this link to read THE RULES for participating in this challenge (this saves having to copy them out for each post!).
- use your brains not software to find the answer - search using words only on a database of images
- leave your answer as a comment on this blog - do not leave the answer on Facebook!
- if correct it will not be published until the next post - which provides the answer
- if wrong it will be published
- the winner - who gets a mention and a link on/from this blog - is NOT THIS WEEK the first person to give me a completely correct answer for ALL the things I want to know. It's the person who does all this AND provides the BEST answer (see above)
Who painted this? #57
Wild Strawberries in a Wan Li Bowl
Name of the artist who created this artwork: Adriaen Coorte (1665-1707/10) Exact Places and dates of birth and death unknown. Working in Middleburg c. 1685 - c.1707
Date it was created: 1704
- Oil on paper, mounted on wood
- Panel: 11 5/8 x 8 7/8 in. (29.53 x 22.54 cm);
- Framed: 18 3/4 x 16 x 2 in. (47.63 x 40.64 x 5.08 cm)
Where it lives now: Los Angeles County Museum of Art. It's currently on public view in the Ahmanson Building, floor 3
Here are some websites which provide further information about and images by Adriaen Coorte
Who guessed correct?Who painted this #57? - a number of people got this - although I actually thought it was far from easy.
- Colours and Textures was first with the correct answer - then