I've moved it to after the end of the calendar year so that those who do their accounts on a calendar basis will know better:
- which place generated the most revenue
- which place generated the most profit
That's because those places which generate the "most money in art sales" are not necessarily the "most profitable" after the "cost of sales" has been deducted.
Interestingly, the fact that one place happens to be the most profitable doesn't mean to say that's where the most profit will be made - unless an artist has already identified this and is capitalising on this knowledge.
So what these polls will do is identify
- The most (and least) effective places for selling art in 2013 - in terms of which places generate the most revenue and turnover (i.e. gross sales)
- The most (and least) profitable places for selling art in 2013 - in terms of where did you generate the best profit (i.e. net profit - profit from gross sales after deduction of the cost of sales)
- Trends in selling art in the last 6 years
There are two NEW Polls in the right hand Column. Both polls have identical options. Be sure to note the distinction between
- MOST REVENUE and
- MOST PROFIT.
- ANNUAL POLL: What's the best place to sell art in the last year?
- 2012 Poll Results: What's the best place to sell art? (Part 1) - this reveals 4 places where (1) the most money & (2) the most profit were made from selling art in 2011/12.
- What's the best place to sell art? Trends in selling art 2008-2012: (1) direct from the studio; (2) via third party galleries ad art societies.
- The Best Place to Sell Art - More Trends Trends in selling art 2008-2012: via temporary venues and online websites.