|Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize - Deadline for entries is the end of this month|
I've been covering this Prize since 2007 and you if you don't know much about it you can find links to past blog posts and images of the exhibition and winners at the end of this post.
This Prize is a strictly British affair!
The Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize is open to living artists over the age of 18, who are resident in the British Isles. Only original, two-dimensional works in any painting or drawing media, that have been completed in the last three years, and that have not been previously exhibited, are eligible. All works must be for sale, except commissioned portraits.Note the criteria with respect to
- timescale and
- not having been previously exhibited.
I wish I saw more art competitions putting more emphasis on the latter - it get's very boring at times seeing the same work in several different shows, even if it is good.
It's my practice to in general list only those competitions where the first prize exceeds £10,000. In this instance the first prize is £15,000. There are also:
- 5 Runner-Up Prizes each at: £1,500
- Young Artist Award: £2,500 - for an artist who is 25 years of age
|Lynn Painter-Stainer Prize 2013|
The Isabella Plantation by Ruth Stage NEAC
100x120, Egg Tempera £7,000
Information for ArtistsI only started doing detailed posts for the Call for Entries because the websites or the paperwork providing the information were so difficult to follow i.e. not everybody can read tiny font sizes made more difficult by a difficult contrast between typeface and support!
However the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize has a very good website now and I need only point you in its direction of the Information for Artists and highlight a few key points and dates
It's also worth mentioning that most winners to date have won with figurative works. 'Large' and/or 'striking' and/or 'bold' are also words which spring to mind - although this has not happened every year. Definitely a "do not be bashful or wishy washy" art competition.
- Wednesday 29 January 2014 - Deadline for online entries, by 5pm
- Tuesday 7 February 2014 - Results of initial judging emailed to artists by this date
- Tuesday 14 February 2014 - c.200 Shortlisted artists submit works to FBA - not so wonderful for those with jobs and/or living elsewhere in the UK (however do take a look at off-peak train fares which have become a lot more reasonable)
- Sunday 19 February 2014 - Results of final round judging emailed to artists by this date
- Sunday 26 February 2014 - Unaccepted short listed works available for collection at the FBA 10am-5pm
- 17 MARCH 2014 Private View and Prize Giving
- 18 – 22 MARCH 2014 Exhibition at Mall Galleries, The Mall, London SW1, 10am-5pm daily
Lynn Painter Stainer Exhibition 2013: Review - 28 Feb 2013 - The Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2013 is a competition designed to encourage creative representational painting and promote the skill of draughtsmanship.
- Lynn Painter Stainers Prize 2013 - Selected Artists - 19 Jan 2013 - List of selected artists for 8th Exhibition for Lynn Painter Stainers Prize for creative representational painting plus links to their websites.
- Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2013: Call For Entries - 13 Oct 2012 - Overview of Call for Entries for the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2013 for representational painting.
- Review: Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2012 Exhibition - Making a Mark - 01 Apr 2012
- Antony Williams wins Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2012 - 29 Mar 2012
- Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2012 - Selected artists and artwork - 26 Mar 2012 - These are the artists selected for the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize.
- Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2012: Call For Entries - 15 Nov 2011 - Overview of Call for Entries for the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2012 for representational painting.
- REVIEW: Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2010 - 23 Nov 2010 - This is my very overdue review of the Lynn Painter-Stainer Exhibition 2010.
- Rachel Levitas wins Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2010 - 16 Nov 2010 - On Monday night at Painters Hall in the City of London, Rachel Levitas was awarded the Lynn Painter-Stainer Prize 2010 for Urban fox III.
- Events - Lynn Painter-Stainer Prize Exhibition 2010 - 14 Nov 2010 - Now in its 6th year, the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize continues to champion creative representational painting and promotes the skill of draughtsmanship.
- 65 Artists selected for Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize ... - 28 Oct 2010 - The judges have selected 68 works by 65 artists for the prestigious Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2010 Exhibition at Painters' Hall in November.
- Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2010 - Call for Entries - 03 Aug 2010 - This is the sixth year of the Prize. Prize money this year totals £22,500.
- Exhibition review: Toby Wiggins wins Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize ... - 17 Nov 2009 - Last night at the Private View at Painters Hall, Toby Wiggins was announced as the winner of the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2009 for his painting Suspended Animation (pictured right).
- Shortlist for Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2009 ... - 04 Nov 2009 - Six artists have been shortlisted for the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2009. This competition is designed to encourage creative representational painting and promote the skill of draughtsmanship.
- 82 works selected for Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize - 16 Oct 2009 - The names of the Artists selected for the exhibition associated with the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize - and consideration for the substantial cash prizes which are on offer - can be found below.
- Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2009 - deadline 21st ... - 28 Aug 2009 - The deadline for submissions by artists for the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize - which seeks to encourage creative representational painting and promote the skill of draughtsmanship - is fast approaching.
- Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2008 and Exhibition - 19 Nov 2008 - Lynn Painter Stainer Exhibition 2008: Review of art competition winners and exhibition.
- Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize - selected artists ... - 18 Sep 2008
- Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2008 - deadline 15th ... - 29 Aug 2008
- Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize and exhibition - 29 Nov 2007 - I went to see the exhibition for the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize competition at Painters Hall in the City of London yesterday.