|Who painted this? #29|
How to participate in "Who painted this? #29"
PLEASE make sure you read the rules before posting a comment - and ONLY POST ON THIS BLOG what you think is the answer.
Click this link to read THE RULES for participating in this challenge (this saves having to copy them out for each post!).
- use your brains not software to find the answer
- search using words only on a database of images
- leave your answer as a comment on this blog
- if correct it will not be published until the next post - which provides the answer
- if wrong it will be published
- do not leave the answer on Facebook!
- the winner - who gets a mention and a link on/from this blog - is the first person to give me a completely correct answer for ALL the things I want to know
Who Painted This #28 - The Answer
|Still Life with Red Peppers on a White Lacquered Table|
- Title of the artwork: Still Life with Red Peppers on a White Lacquered Table
- Name of the artist who created this artwork: Félix Vallotton (1865-1925), Swiss painter and engraver
- Date it was created: 1915
- Media used: oil on canvas;
- Where it lives now: Kunstmuseum Solothurn (Switzerland)
It seems as if Vallotton didn't start painting still life until towards the end of his life - this one was painted 10 years before he died.
In my opinion he's a superb still life painter. Here's some links to more images of his still life paintings on Wikipaintings
- Un Grondin sur une serviette 1914
- Meat and eggs, 1918
- Flowers and Strawberries 1920
- Roses and nasturtiums, 1920
- Still Life with Roses, 1920
- Tulipes perroquet 1920
- Chrysanthemums and Autumn Foliage 1922
- Still Life with Large Earthenware Jug 1923