I think you might need to work out what this is before you start looking!
|Who painted this? #24|
How to participate in "Who painted this? #24"
PLEASE make sure you read the rules before posting a comment - and ONLY POST ON THIS BLOG what you think is the answer.
Click this link to read THE RULES for participating in this challenge (this saves having to copy them out for each post!).
- use your brains not software to find the answer
- search using words only on a database of images
- leave your answer as a comment on this blog
- if correct it will not be published until the next post - which provides the answer
- if wrong it will be published
- do not leave the answer on Facebook!
- the winner - who gets a mention and a link on/from this blog - is the first person to give me a completely correct answer for ALL the things I want to know
Who Painted This #23 - The Answer
by Hans Holbein the Younger
- Title of the artwork: Study of Resting Lamb and Head of Lamb
- Name of the artist who created this artwork: Hans Holbein the Younger (1498-1543)
- Date it was created: c. 1523
- Media used: Brush over preliminary drawing in black crayon, with watercolour and some white heightening, 20.6 × 24.6 cm. Severely mould-stained.
- Where it lives now: Kunstmuseum Basel