However I was about to succumb to the nasty cold/flu bug for the third time(!) and hence missed the moment!
|Making A Mark - Statistics as at 7th April 2013|
I'll be writing to Jana Bouc (Jana's Journal) - whose blog regularly sends visitors to my blog - and will be sending her an Amazon voucher for 'making her mark' and generating the two millionth visitor to Making A Mark!
I've introduced Pages to the blog (see top) since the last big review two years ago (Making A Mark notches up 1 million visits). When reviewing the most popular posts, I found it interesting this time that some of the most popular posts are actually the Resource Pages at the top of the blog.
- Did you know that most of the visits to my blog are actually accessing the archives? The trick to generating traffic is to promote accessible archives about information which is of perennial interest!
- If you've not yet considered using the Pages function in Blogger you might want to give it a thought. I use it to enable people to access recurring themes on this blog.
Here are some of the most popular posts (and pages) those two million visits have been to.
Artists making Art
- Van Gogh: Drawing media and techniques
- Contemporary Drawing Practice
- Artists and illustrators drawing in pen and ink
- The influence of Japanese Art
- Making A Mark Art Blog Awards (a page rather than a post)
- Make your own art!
- Gold medal art - lessons from the Olympics for Artists
- Flowers in Art... and Charles Rennie Mackintosh
- Flowers in Art: William Morris - herbals, flowers and making patterns
- How to paint miniature portraits
Don't copy any style at all, but make your own; yet you must study the history of our art...William Morris
Art Business & Marketing
- How to sign an art print
- Henry Moore Sculpture - a very poor precedent for public art
- How to use an iPad as your artist's portfolio
- The 1,000th Postcard from Provence
- Art Business Resources (a page not a post)
- Major Art Competitions in the UK in 2013 (the competition pages have been very popular each year - so I'm giving you the most up to date page!)
- 20 tips for entering art competitions
- 2011 Sunday Times Watercolour Competition - selected artists
- RHS Botanical Art Show & Five Gold Medal Winners
- BP Portrait Award 2010: List of Exhibitors and Brian Sewell
|Mixing Complementary Colours Using Coloured Pencils|
sample by Katherine Tyrrell
- 10 Tips for How to Sketch People
- How to critique art
- Colour Schemes: Split Complementaries, Triads and Tetrads
- Complementary Colours and mixing neutral colours
- Composition - The Elements of Design
- Composition - Principles of Design
- Which are the best books about oil painting? (see also the website which resulted - The Best Books about Oil Painting)
- The Best Art Books (this is a page rather than a post)
- Which are the best art books about watercolour painting? (see also the website which resulted - The Best Books about Watercolour Painting)
- Resources for Artists (this is a page rather than a post)
- How to do a reverse image search
- Pinterest: How to prevent your Blogger images from being pinned
- How Pinterest removed all my pinned images in minutes (#1)
- Takedown: How Pinterest moved fast to remove my pinned images (#2)
- Pinterest revises TOS and addresses copyright issues: a Primer
PS I wrote about a post back in 2010 called Now we are 5! (12 Top Tips for being a Long Term 'Daily' Blogger).
That should provide the answers to any questions about how I keep going!