Who painted this? #2
|Who painted this? #2 (and the rest!)|
As you might expect, a lot of the paintings in this occasional series are going to be of subject matter I like by painters I like!
I'm expecting that some of you might guess the artist pretty quickly - but may struggle with the rest of the information required
If you want to play the game: the rules are:
- You need to leave your answer as a comment on this blog. Howls of frustration can also be left.......
- In your comment, you must tell me ALL of the following:
- the title of the artwork
- the name of the artist
- the date it was created
- the media used
- where it lives now
- how you know all this eg how did you do your search (note 3 below)
- PLEASE do NOT use any of the "image matching" technology which exists (eg Chrome or Tineye) - that's just plain lazy! My suspicions will be raised by those who appear to know the answer a bit too quickly!
- You may use Google or any other search engine to search on WORDS in databases of images.
Who painted this #1 - the answer
For those who didn't check back the answer was Basket of Fruit by Caravaggio. Websites differ as to its date - but somewhere between 1595 and 1602 would have been OK by me.
The person who guessed it first was Vivienne St Clair (A Painted Postcard).