You can read all about it on the Statcounter blog here Paypal - A Warning from StatCounter - here's an extract
On 15 May Paypal performed a site update - this is confirmed by Paypal here.One wonders how many other subscription services which rely on PayPal are also affected.....
After this date numerous problems were reported across the globe:
- The Paypal Handling Cart feature completely broke down - see update below
- Cross border payments could not be made as the drop down country list did not work - see update below
- Customers have been flooded with hundreds of duplicate subscription emails from Paypal - see update below
- Payments from Paypal are no longer associated with the relevant subscriptions
- Some customers have been and are being DOUBLE BILLED by Paypal
- Merchants have not been receiving instant payment notifications or failure notifications
- Merchants/customers are unable to cancel subscriptions - see update below
The main problem that we have with Paypal is NOT the list of issues above - we all know that errors happen - we are absolutely furious at the complete lack of acknowledgement or assistance from Paypal in relation to these matters.
Paypal - A Warning from StatCounter
Here's Michael Arrington's comment on the from Technorati blog on this topic PayPal: Ten Days And Counting To Fix Drop Down Menu Bug
This is the blog of Paypal Developer Community which at least acknowledges there's a problem.
It's not very professional is it?
If you use Paypal for any subscription services I strong recommend you check your account given the double billing issue.....