The listings of notified exhibitions seem to provide an extremely useful guide to what's on and where. It lists:
- the opening dates of a number of exhibitions in the UK:
- by artist and exhibition, alphabetically by name
- by opening date (but only for the current month)
- a selection of international exhibitions by gallery location.
It also lists:
- galleries by location - in various parts area of London, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, on the Internet and open studios for the current month.
- dealer - listed alphabetically by business name
- galleries for hire
- Businesses offering specialist services to the trade and private customer, including Consultants, Shippers, Photographers, Printers, etc
- I looked at a few of the listings of galleries by location and found some notable omissions. For example the Covent Garden/Trafalgar Square area listed the National Gallery but not the National Portrait Gallery which is right next door.
- the Internet section was far from comprehensive which is surprising given the growing importance of internet links to galleries and dealers operating on-line.
- the open studios section is very weak and was last updated in August 2006.
- The Links section is also a 'paid for' listing for individual artists and is not well populated.