Top prizewinners will feature in the April 2007 edition of the Pastel Journal. Details can now be found here on the Pastel Journal's website. In summary they say:
- Entry is by slide or digital file. (Good slides or digital images have a better chance than poor slides or digital images)
- You do not need to ship your painting (you donÂt even have to still own it) as images from the slides or digital files are published in the magazine.
- Check rules carefully for entry requirements. Work must be original, soft pastel only.
- the competition is open to all artists except artists who've been honoured with an Art Spirit Foundation award in the last three years in any competition.
- Artwork which is eligible are original paintings completed using at least 80% soft pastel .
- Paintings which are not eligible are those painted using oil pastels, and/or based on published material, and/or completed during a workshop under another artist's supervision and/or those previously published in a national publication or in receipt of a major award in a national competition.
- There are some additional restrictions of the normal sort associated with competitions.
- the new online entry form
- link to postal entry details (note slides and CDs will not be returned)
- submission guidelines
- responses to frequently asked questions
The judges are:
- Landscape and Interior: Elizabeth Mowry
- Portrait and Figure: Harvey Dinnerstein
- Still Life and Floral: Jimmy Wright
- Animal and Wildlife: Greg Biolchini
- Abstract / Non-objective: Rhoda Needlman
Technorati tags: art , painting , pastel , pastels , The Pastel Journal,